Baked Potato Chips
This light and crispy baked potato chip recipe is easy enough for anyone to make, and will certainly satisfy your craving. What makes this recipe taste most like deep-fried potato chips are the chips' crispiness, due to how thinly the potatoes are cut: The thinner you slice the potatoes, the better. Customize the flavor of your chips by adding garlic salt, cayenne pepper, or fresh cracked black pepper. Serve these chips with your favorite dip, alongside a sandwich or simply on their own.
2 pounds russet potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
3 TBSN extra virgin olive oil
Optional: garlic salt, fresh cracked black pepper, cayenne pepper, or onion salt
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
2 Large mixing bowls, slicer, sharp knife, Colander, measuring spoons, measuring cups, aluminum foil, parchment paper, vegetable spray
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 30 min. Ready: 45 min Serves: 4
1. If preferred, remove skins from potatoes.
2. Use slicer to evenly slice potatoes less than 1/4” thick.
3. Rinse potatoes in a colander to remove access starch.
4. In large bowl, add water and mix in 1/4 cup of salt until dissolved.
5. Add potato slices and set aside to soak in saltwater for 30 minutes. Drain in colander.
6. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
7. Lightly coat 2 rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
8. Put potatoes, Olive oil, 1 tablespoon salt in a large bowl; season with pepper. Toss to combine.
9. Arrange potato slices on prepared baking sheets, spacing them 1/4 inch apart. If preferred, sprinkle desired seasoning over the chips.
10. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until potatoes are crisp and golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
11. Spread out potatoes on parchment paper; let dry 5 minutes. Sprinkle with additional salt, if desired.
Total Fat: 3.5g Saturated Fat: 1.0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 295mg Potassium: 214mg Total Carbohydrates: 11.6g Dietary Fiber: 1.1g Protein: 1.2g