Easy Baked Cinnamon and Cream Cheese Churros
These delicious Cinnamon Cream Cheese Churros are a simple and yummy treat! Simply flatten white bread and add a layer of cream cheese- powdered sugar spread. You can also flavor with nutmeg, pumpkin spice, or use different flavors of cream cheese To ROCK OUT this recipe.
8 slices preferred white bread
6 oz whipped cream cheese
1/2 cup preferred powdered sugar or substitute
3/4 cups preferred granulated sugar or substitute
1 TBSN ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy the following dietary needs:
Large cookie sheet, sharp knife, 2 medium mixing bowls, rolling pin, aluminum foil, tongs, mixing spoon, measuring cup, cooking spray.
Prep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Ready: 20 min Serves: 8 churros
1. Thinly cut off the crust of the bread.
2. With a rolling pin, flatten bread until very thin.
3. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended.
4. In a separate bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
5. Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
6. Spread 1 tablespoons of cream cheese and sugar mixture onto each flattened bread piece and roll into logs.
7. Dip each churro into melted butter and then sprinkle thoroughly with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
8. Place rolled churro on cookie sheet. Repeat for remaining pieces of flattened bread.
9. Bake on top rack at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
10. Serve immediately.