10 EPIC Campfire Breakfast Bowls Recipes
Updated: May 25, 2020
These breakfast bowls are great for camping trips, mornings by the BBQ. It's a fun and healthy breakfast for everyone- even the dogs! These can be customized by selecting the preferred ingredients to make a breakfast bowl that's perfect for you and everyone in your troop! Fun for everyone to make their own breakfast bowl as well as healthy and delicious. You can cook and eat straight from the same bowl, which makes for easy cleanup.
5"-7" foil cake pan
1 TBSN preferred butter
Salt and pepper to taste
Vegetable/Fruit ingredient options:
tofu, diced or crumbled
baby spinach leaves
yellow onion, chopped
green and red peppers, diced
tomatoes, petite diced
potatoes, diced and preroasted
Meat ingredient options:
2 large eggs
Cheese ingredient options:
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Feta cheese, crumbled
Mixing spoon, tablespoons, aluminum foil, sharp knife, silicone cooking gloves, campfire cooking grate or tripod (you can use a BBQ grill or oven too), Black Sharpee marker Prep: 5 minutes prep Cook: 15 minutes Ready: 20 minutes Serves: 1 breakfast bowl (for additional, multiply amounts by total servings)
Before you handle any food, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Clean your kitchen work area and pull back your hair or wear a cap. You want to avoid contaminating your meal with harmful bacteria that could cause food illness.
To make Campfire Breakfast Bowls: 1. Prepare campfire. Place a sheet of aluminum foil security on top of the cooking grate. If using an oven, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. If using a BBQ grill, place a sheet of aluminum foil securely on grates. Preheat grill on high heat to 400-450 degrees F.
2. If using eggs, crack two eggs in a measuring cup and use a mixing spoon to beat. Set aside.
3. Spray the inside of the foil bowl with cooking spray. Add a tablespoon of butter into the bowl.
4. Select the ingredients that you wish to use. Add a heaping tablespoon of the meat and veggie ingredients into the bowl. Set any cheese ingredients aside.
5. Pour the eggs into the bowl to cover all of the ingredients. Stir to combine all ingredients.
6. Cover bowl tightly with a square of aluminum foil. Write name of camper with Sharpee marker, if desired. If cooking more than one bowl, this will help indicate whose bowl is whose.
7. Place bowl on campfire cooking grate. If oven, place on top rack. If grill, place in center. Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
8. Using silicone gloves, shake bowl to mix the ingredients and allow uncooked ingredients to cook thoroughly. Allow to cook another 5 minutes.
9. Using silicone gloves, shake bowl one last time to mix ingredients and carefully uncover foil cover from bowl and discard.
10. Top the breakfast bowl with preferred cheese and salt and pepper. Allow to cook uncovered for 5 more minutes.
11. Remove from heat and allow to sit for a few minutes to allow the pan to cool. Serve while hot.
The health benefits of these breakfast bowls are infinite and greatly depend on the ingredients that you select. Adding a variety of ingredients from the vegetables, meat, and cheese options will give you a powerhouse of vitamins and nutrients that are healthy for you and your dog, as well.
Veggie Celebration Bowl
Follow recipe and add any preferred selections from the vegetable/fruit ingredients.
Meat Lovers' Bowl
Follow recipe and add any preferred selections from the meat ingredients.
Follow recipe and the following ingredients: onions, bacon, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, potatoes, sausage. Top with tablespoon of BBQ sauce.
Follow recipe and the following ingredients: eggs, ham, shredded carrots.
Follow recipe and select any items from the meat and cheese ingredients.
My Big Fat Greek Breakfast Bowl
Follow recipe and the following ingredients: baby spinach leaves, onions, Feta cheese.
Follow recipe and the following ingredients: tomatoes, onion, minced garlic, Italian sausage, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese. Top with tablespoon of marinara sauce.
Tex Mex Bowl
Follow recipe and the following ingredients: red green peppers, potatoes, onion, tomatoes, cayenne pepper, jalapeno pepper, Pepper Jack cheese.Top with a dash of hot sauce and a tablespoon of sour cream.
Egg White Breakfast Bowl
Follow recipe, but use three eggs and do not add yolks. Add any preferred ingredients and cover with the white egg mixture.
Sunny Side Breakfast Bowl
Follow recipe, but do not beat eggs. Add any preferred ingredients and cook for 5 minutes without adding the eggs.
After shaking at the first 5 minutes, crack the eggs over mixture, cover, and cook for 10 minutes without shaking. Remove from heat.