Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Sea Scallops
Updated: Aug 16, 2022
These are perfect for your next seafood meal, party or get-together.
Smoked scallops are a seafood lover's favorite, and wrapping them in bacon after marinating them in butter, will enhance that smokey flavor.
2 dozen sea scallops
2 TBSN preferred butter
1 TBSN garlic powder
1 TBSN Old Bay seafood seasoning
1 lb thin sliced preferred bacon
1 TBSN freshly ground black pepper
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Large ziplock bag, smoker grill, sharp knife, toothpicks, baking sheet.
Prep: 1 hour
Cook: 1 hour Ready: 2 hour Serves: 2-3
1. Place the scallops down into a gallon sized ziplock bag and add softened butter into the bag.
2. Add the Old Bay seasoning and garlic powder into the bag and seal. Roll the bag around gently to coat the scallops with the butter and seasonings.
3. Place bag of seasoned scallops in refrigerator for 1 hour to marinate.
4. Prepare your smoker for about 210 - 220°F to cook for 60 minutes.
5. After marinating the scallops, cut the bacon strips in half.
6. Place each of the scallops onto the end of a strip of bacon and roll the slice completely around the scallop. It should slightly overlap the slice of bacon.
7. Hold the bacon in place and insert a toothpick through the overlap and out of the other side of the scallop to hold bacon securely in place.
8. Repeat wrapping and securing bacon strips to all of the scallops.
9. Place the scallops on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the ground black pepper.
10. Add the scallops to the smoker and cook for 60 minutes.
11. Serve hot. You may remove the toothpicks before serving or they can be removed before eating.
calories: 83 protein: 7g carbohydrates: 9g
dietary fiber: 0g sugars: 2g fat: 2g
Scallops are more than 80 percent protein. One 3-ounce serving provides 20 grams of protein and just 95 calories. They're also a good source of both magnesium and potassium.
crisp red Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc.