Roasted Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
Broccoli is about to become your favorite vegetable. When marinated in a Garlic Parmesan salad dressing and then roasted with fresh grated Parmesan cheese, the result is the most delicious dish of broccoli you’ve ever eaten.
3 cups broccoli florets
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
One 16 oz bottle Garlic Parmesan salad dressing (I recommend Newman’s Own Parmesan and Roasted Garlic salad dressing)
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Medium Large mixing bowl, large saucepan, sharp knife, measuring spoons, measuring cups, aluminum foil or parchment paper
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 30 min. Ready: 50 min Serves: 4-6
1. Add broccoli florets to a ziplock bag. Add the salad dressing and marinade the broccoli overnight.
2. Preheat oven at 425 degrees F.
3. Drain the broccoli marinade using a colendar.
4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
5. Spread the broccoli in a single layer on the baking sheet.
6. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the broccoli.
7. Roast broccoli on the top shelf of the oven for 15-18 minutes.
8. Serve hot.
Total Fat: 10.9g
Saturated Fat: 2.0g
Total Carbohydrates: 4g
Dietary Fiber: 1.4g
Broccoli is a great source of vitamins K and C, a good source of folate (folic acid) and also provides potassium, fiber. Vitamin C – builds collagen, which forms body tissue and bone, and helps cuts and wounds heal. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and protects the body from damaging free radicals. A Powerful antioxidant: Broccoli contains antioxidants that can help the body in a variety of ways. Broccoli is deeply concentrated with vitamin C, making it great for immunity. Other than this, broccoli also contains flavonoids which help recycle the vitamin C efficiently.