Roasted Artichokes Parmesan
These artichoke hearts taste amazing covered in a cheesy breadcrumb topping.
3 cups frozen artichoke hearts - drained and halved
1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
5 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1/4 cup crushed French-fried onions
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Medium mixing bowl, large spoon, baking dish, measuring spoons, measuring cups, cooking speay
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 min. Ready: 30 min Serves: 4-6
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Defrost and drain artichoke hearts well, squeezing them of any excess water.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together Italian dressing, garlic, and salt. Add artichoke hearts and toss to coat evenly.
4. Arrange the artichokes, cut side up, in a baking dish.
5. Roast 10 minutes, remove from oven and toss artichoke. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan, fried onions and breadcrumbs.
6. Roast 8 minutes and remove from oven. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot.
Total Fat: 6.2g Saturated Fat: 2.0g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 268mg Potassium: 33mg< Total Carbohydrates: 6.3g Dietary Fiber: 1.6g Protein: 3.3g Sugars: 0g
Artichoke hearts contain loads of fiber. In fact, one medium artichoke provides 10.3 g of fiber or 41 percent of the recommended daily value.Packed with antioxidantsLoaded with Vitamin C and K.Just 130 calories in one 15-ounce can of drained artichokes. To save on calories and sodium, make sure to use canned artichoke hearts in water, not jarred artichoke hearts in oil.
Merlot and Zinfandel will complement the roasted taste of the artichokes.