Red, White & Blue Chicken Strips
Updated: Aug 16
Tender chicken strips drenched in an epic blend of ranch dressing, blue cheese, and bacon crumbs. Easy to make and absolutely delicious!
2 lbs chicken tenderloin strips
8 oz bottle Ranch salad dressing
6 oz Blue Cheese slices (crumbles work too, slices work better)
4 oz cooked bacon crumbles
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
two small bowls, baking sheet, aluminum foil, large ziplock bag, cooking spray, tongs.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 min. Ready: 30 min. Serves: 3-5
1. Add chicken strips and Ranch dressing in a ziplock bag. Seal bag and massage to completely cover chicken in the dressing. Refrigerate and allow chicken strips to marinate overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
3. In small bowl, add bacon crumbles. If you are using Blue Cheese crumbles, add them to the second bowl.
4. Use tongs to remove each chicken strip from the Ranch marinade. Dredge each one in the bacon crumbles on both sides. If using Blue Cheese crumbles, dredge them in the crumbles.
5. Place strips side by side on baking sheet. If using Blue Cheese slices, add a half slice to the top of each strip.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes until slightly browned and cheese has melted.
7. Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Total Fat 15g
Saturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Chicken carries plentiful amounts of protein and a variety of beneficial vitamins and nutrients. Chicken is a great source of vitamin B, which consumed regularly can prevent stress, anxiety, memory-loss syndrome, and can balance cortisol hormones in your body. Moreover, it can improve concentration in children and adults alike. Many studies have revealed that vitamin B also maintains psychological health. Chicken has a high content of vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin E, and vitamin K which contribute to producing red blood cells. When your body obtains the required amount of iron and vitamins, it can produce and balance red blood cells that will eventually deal with anemia. They also help to protect your eyes from weak vision as it is a powerhouse of, retinol, lycopene, alpha, and beta-carotene. The nutrients are essential to maintaining the overall health of your eyes. They regularly promote the growth of damaged cells and tissues effectively because they have a high content of riboflavin which is essential for normal healing of skin tissue. Your immune system requires adequate levels of protein; iron, magnesium, and potassium to function properly that are abundant in Chicken. These nutrients strengthen cells in your immune system, as well as your teeth and gums due to the high content of phosphorus. When you consume phosphorus regularly, it can alleviate factors that weaken your teeth and prevent gums bleeding as well. Chicken is a powerhouse of magnesium and phosphorus which are known to maintain cardiovascular health. They also contain plenty of nutrients that help relieve common cold and other illnesses associated with it such as a sore throat and congested nose.
White wines like Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay.