Honey Ginger Salmon
Updated: Aug 16, 2022
Baked honey ginger salmon is a tasty explosion of flavor that is quick and easy to make. The marinade not only infuses flavor into the salmon itself, but it also produces the Honey Ginger sauce. The salmon gets a double dose of all of the epic ingredients in the sauce.
One 1-2 pound salmon fillet
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup orange juice
2 TBSN white wine vinegar
1/4 cup honey
3 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
1 green onion, chopped
2 TBSN sesame seeds
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Sharp knife, measuring spoons, measuring cups, aluminum foil, Ziplock bags, baking sheet, ladle, medium saucepan
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 15 min. Ready: 40 min Serves: 3-5
1. In a large ziplock bag, combine ginger, garlic, vinegar, orange juice, honey; mix well. Place salmon in bag and seal tightly. Turn bag gently to distribute marinade.
2. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, no longer.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
4. Remove salmon from marinade, shake off excess, and put remaining marinade aside.
5. Bake salmon for 15 minutes per inch of thickness, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
6. In a saucepan, heat the residual marinade on stovetop on med-high heat.
7. Add the softened butter and heat til boiling. Allow sauce to simmer until salmon is ready.
8. Serve salmon hot, and ladle some of the honey ginger sauce on top. Sprinkle with chopped green onion and sesame seeds.
Total Fat: 14.5g
Saturated Fat: 3.0g
Total Carbohydrates: 22.3g
Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
Salmon is rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acid and is one of the best sources of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. Salmon is a great source of protein, high in B vitamins, potassium, selenium and the antioxidant Astaxanthin. Aside from protein, shrimp contains over 100% of the Daily Value for selenium, over 75% for vitamin B12, over 50% for phosphorous, and over 30% for choline, copper, and iodine.