Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
The mix of roasted cauliflower, butter, and garlic make this an amazing, flavorful veggie dish.
1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
2 teaspoons butter, softened
1 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 TBSN finely chopped chives
(optional) 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
(optional) 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Large pot, baking sheet, sharp knife, measuring spoons, measuring cups, aluminum foil or parchment paper
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 30 min. Ready: 50 min Serves: 4-6
1. Preheat oven to 425° and grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook cauliflower until fork tender, about 5 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
3. Spread florets out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and toss with butter and garlic powder. Bake until crispy around the edges, about 15 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, add the cauliflower and heavy cream, and use a potato masher to mash the cauliflower florets until thoroughly combined. For a smoother texture, use a hand blender to process the larger chunks of cauliflower.
6. Add a pat of butter and sprinkle chives over servings of mashed cauliflower and serve warm. If preferred, sprinkle Cheddar cheese and bits of bacon.
total fat: 5.7g
saturated fat: 1.8g
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is naturally high in fiber and B-vitamins. It provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer. It also contains fiber to enhance weight loss and digestion, choline that is essential for learning and memory, and many other important nutrients.