Cheddar & Bacon Tater Tot Casserole
If you like bacon cheeseburgers and fries; you can enjoy that classic flavor in a casserole! Creamy and cheesy, with beef and bacon- topped with crispy tater tots! For Keto diets, you can replace potatoes with cauliflower tots!
1 pound ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
4 slices cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (16 ounce) package frozen tater tots (for less carbs, replace with cauliflower tots)
1/4 cup chopped green onions
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Medium mixing bowl, large skillet, sharp knife, measuring spoons, measuring cups, 9x13 baking dish
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 30 min. Ready: 40 min Serves: 4-6
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook and stir ground beef and onions in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink and completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes; Drain the fat from the cooked beef.
3. Combine the cream of mushroom soup and sour cream in a mixing bowl. Add the ground beef to the mixture and stir to combine; pour the mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
4. Top beef mixture with crumbled bacon and Cheddar cheese. Layer tater tots evenly over the cheese.
5. Bake until tater tots are golden brown and hot, 30 to 45 minutes.
6. Spoon casserole into dishes and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
Total Fat: 23.8g Saturated Fat: 10.0g Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 700mg Potassium: 313mg Total Carbohydrates: 16.9g Dietary Fiber: 1.3g Protein: 18.5g Sugars: 1g
Using processed foods to create a casserole often means too much sodium and saturated fat. There are some alternative ingredients that provide great nutrients with a modest amount of sodium and saturated fat. Try these tips to make a healthier tater tot casserole:
• Use frozen vegetables that are low in sodium.
Add more vegetables. Replace bacon with a low sodium diced ham.
• Compare brands for sodium. Some potato puff products are much higher in sodium than others. Use a cauliflower tot alternative.
• Limit the cheese.
• Use beans instead of beef as a source of protein.
• Use low-fat sour cream.
Chardonnay (oaked, dry).