Salmon Asiago MANburger
Updated: Jan 19, 2020
An amazing alternative to using ground meat in your hamburger. We took ground salmon through our classic MANburger recipe, and added the perfect combination of melted Asiago cheese, a thick tomato slice, with softened cream cheese and chives.
2 lbs. fresh ground salmon, skin removed (you can use your food processor to ground fresh salmon as well)
1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup preferred sugar or sugar substitute
1 egg (or preferred egg replacement)
1 TBSN Sea salt
1 TBSN minced garlic
1 TBSP dried thyme
1 TBSP dried rosemary
4 TBSP butter, melted
Fresh hamburger buns (Keto and Gluten-free diets use preferred bun alternatives)
8 slices Asiago cheese
4 slices ripe beefsteak tomatoes
8 TBSN Chive flavored cream cheese, softened
Medium mixing bowl, mixing spoon, measuring spoons, aluminum foil, measuring cups, baking sheet, large spatula, Perfect Patty Maker Prep: 10 minutes prep Cook: 20 minutes Ready: 30 minutes Serves: 4
Before you handle any food, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
Clean your kitchen work area and pull back your hair or wear a cap.
You want to avoid contaminating your meal with harmful bacteria that could cause food illness.
1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine ground salmon, Parmesan cheese, rosemary, thyme, egg, garlic, salt, sugar, onions, and breadcrumbs. Mix thoroughly with wet hands.
4. Form meat mixture into balls about 3 inches in diameter.
5. Arrange balls onto the baking sheet and flatten using large spatula or Perfect Patty Maker (click here to see how to make a perfect hamburger patty maker.)
6. Coat top of burgers with melted butter and bake them in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
7. Flip the burgers and coat browned side with melted butter. Bake for 10 more minutes.
8. Within each bun stack so to put hot salmon patty in middle between the cheeses. Place tomato slice inside hamburger bun and top with 2 TBSN of cream cheese. Add salmon patty and top with 2 slices of Asiago cheese. Serve hot.
1 serving: 110 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 200 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 11 g protein.
Salmon is rich rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acid and is one of the best sources of the long-chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. Salmon is a great source of protein, high in B vitamins, potassium, selenium and the antioxidant Astaxanthin. Aside from protein, shrimp contains over 100% of the Daily Value for selenium, over 75% for vitamin B12, over 50% for phosphorous, and over 30% for choline, copper, and iodine.
Pinot Noir, Gamay, or if you prefer a white wine, go with Pinot Noir.
More varieties coming soon!