This simple recipe is also one of the most tasty ones! If you love white chocolate and peanut butter, this cookie will be your new favorite. The secret is using Ritz crackers to sandwich your favorite peanut butter. Then dip them in melted white chocolate. No baking, no burning!
24 Ritz crackers (Original buttery style)
12 heaping TBSN of your preferred peanut butter
24 oz of white chocolate candy melts
1-2 TBSN Vegetable shortening or Coconut Oil (for thinning melted chocolate)
Cookie sprinkles of choice
Double boiler or metal medium bowl with a large stove pot, silicone spatula, tablespoon, potholders, parchment paper
Prep: 20 minutes, 30 minutes to cool/harden
Cook: 30-45 minutes to melt chocolate
Ready: 60-90 minutes
Serves: 12 cookies
Before you handle any food, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Clean your kitchen work area and pull back your hair or wear a cap. You want to avoid contaminating your meal with harmful bacteria that could cause food illness.
To make White Chocolate Peanut Butter "No Bake" Cookies:
1. Use double boiler to melt white chocolate melts. If you don't have a double boiler, fill a large pot halfway with hot water. Heat on High on stove top. Place metal bowl in pot so it is partly submerged in boiling water. Place melts into bowl and allow it to slowly melt. Stir every few minutes to smooth out the melted chocolate. Allow chocolate to fully melt over 30-45 minutes.
TIP: if the chocolate is too thick, add 1 TBSN of shortening or Coconut Oil to help thin the texture. It should have the texture of melted cheese.
2. While chocolate is melting, you can begin making the Ritz and peanut butter sandwiches. Spoon one heaping tablespoon of peanut butter onto a Ritz cracker. Place another cracker on top to create a sandwich.
TIP: Use a spoon to smooth out the peanut butter so it doesn't peak out of the sandwich.
3. Repeat until you have made 12 Ritz & peanut butter sandwiches.
TIP: Refrigerate 1-2 hours in advance to help keep peanut butter solid and expedite the chocolate hardening process.
4. When chocolate is smooth and completely melted, use potholders to carefully remove the bowl from pot or double boiler. Be careful not to burn yourself from the boiling water.
5. Place pot near sheet of parchment paper. Begin using tongs to dip Ritz sandwiches into the chocolate. Completely coat each cookie.
TIP: Use the spatula to shave the bottom of the cookies so that chocolate doesn't puddle underneath the cookie.
6. Use tongs to place cookies on parchment paper to cool and harden.
7. Dust tops of cookies with preferred sprinkles before the chocolate hardens.
8. Allow cookies to cool and the chocolate to completely harden, up to 30 minutes before serving.
White Chocolate PB&Js
Follow recipe and mix preferred jelly or jam with the peanut butter.