Salted Caramel Popcorn
Salted Caramel Popcorn is a sweet and salty snack with melted caramel covering each popcorn for a soft, crunchy, rich and chewy snack!
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 teaspoon course sea salt, more for sprinkling
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 quarts popped popcorn
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Large bowl, medium saucepan, mixing spoon, 2 large shallow baking dishes
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 60 min. Ready: 90 min Serves: 4-6
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Place cooked popcorn in a very large bowl.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
4. Pour in a thin stream over popcorn, stirring to coat. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
5. Place in two large shallow baking dishes and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for 1 hour.
6. Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.
Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 7.0g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 340mg Potassium: 52mg Total Carbohydrates: 32.8g Dietary Fiber: 0.9g Protein: 0.9g Sugars: 24g