Buttery Banana Bread
This banana bread is moist and delicious with loads of banana and buttery flavor! If preferred you can add chopped walnuts to make a banana nut version. Be sure to check ingredients for suggested Keto, Glutrn/Free, Low Cal, and Vegan alternatives.
2 cups bread flour (for Keto alternative, use almond or coconut flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup preferred butter
¾ cup brown sugar or preferred sweetener
2 eggs or egg alternative, beaten
2 ⅓ cups overripe bananas, mashed (about 5 medium sized banana)
(optional) 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Medium mixing bowl, Large mixing bowl, potato masher, mixing spoons, measuring spoons, measuring cups, 9x5 inch loaf pan, cooking spray
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 65 min. Ready: 85 min Serves: 1 loaf
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly coat a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, add butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
5. Combine banana mixture into flour mixture; stir to combine. If preferred, add chopped walnuts to make banana nut bread.
6. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 70 minutes, until a bread knife inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
7. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove. Serve in slices.
Total Fat: 8.8g
Saturated Fat: 5.2g
Bananas contain a fair amount of fiber, as well as several antioxidants.Each banana has only about 105 calories and consists almost exclusively of water and carbs. Bananas hold very little protein and almost no fat. bananas also rank low to medium on the glycemic index (GI), which is a measure — from 0–100 — of how quickly foods increase blood sugar levels. Bananas can help moderate blood sugar levels after meals and may reduce appetite by slowing stomach emptying.
Vin Santo. With balanced acidity, sweetness, and nuttiness.