Some call it Million Dollar Bacon It’s basically candied bacon with a kick. We bake thick slices bacon with brown sugar, maple syrup, and spices. Once you take a bite, you’ll understand what all the hype is about. The best part is that it’s very easy to make. And while it tastes like a billion bucks, the ingredients don’t cost nearly that much.
20 pieces thick cut bacon
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 TBSN fresh cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Medium mixing bowl, tongs, measuring cup, measuring spoons, marinade brush, aluminum foil, 13 x 9” baking sheet
Prep: 10 min Cook: 50 min Ready: 60 min Serves: 5-7
1. Place oven rack on center rack. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine brown sugar, black pepper, ginger, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Place foil on a 13×9 baking sheet. Add bacon in a single layer. Use marinade brush to lightly coat bacon with maple syrup.
4. Dredge marinated sides of bacon with brown sugar mixture and lay back into pan, seasoned side down.
5. Lightly brush maple syrup on top side of bacon. Sprinkle generously with the brown sugar mixture.
6. Bake in preheated oven on center rack for 20 minutes, then flip and cook for 15 minutes on other side.
7. Remove bacon from oven and place on cooling rack to dry. Repeat with remaining bacon slices.
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Total Carbohydrate 97 g
Sugars 75 g
Protein 7 g