Tiramisu is a coffee-flavoured Italian dessert made of ladyfingers dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of eggs, sugar, and mascarpone cheese, flavoured with cocoa. Rich, decadent, and delicious!
6 egg yolks
3/4 cup white sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup strong brewed coffee, room temperature
2 TBSN dark rum
3 oz packages ladyfinger cookies
1 TBSN unsweetened cocoa powder
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy the following dietary needs:
Whisk , Medium mixing bowl, mixing spoon, measuring spoons, measuring cups, medium saucepan, 7x11 inch dish Prep: 35 minutes prep Co: 10 minutes Ready: 5 hrs Serves: 12-14
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended.
2. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
3. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
4. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
5. In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff.
6. Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
7. In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum.
8. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise and drizzle with coffee mixture.
9. Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of a 7x11 inch dish.
10. Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of whipped cream over that.
11. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa.
12. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.
Total Fat: 30.5g
Saturated Fat: 17.0g
Total Carbohydrates: 22.7g
Dietary Fiber: 0.3g
A dark wine like Cabernet Sauvignon.
More varieties coming soon!