Key Lime Pie Parfait
The dessert is named after the small key limes that are naturalized throughout the Florida Keys, which are commonly used to make in a meringue pie. We take that concept in a no-bake, healthier option that is just as sweet, tart, and simple to make. This parfait is also friendly for Vegan, Low-Cal, or Sugar Free diets.
2 TBSN Key Lime juice
Two 6 oz containers of Lime yogurt (Low Cal- Use Sugar Free Lime yogurt. Higher Protein- Use Greek Lime yogurt)
One 8 oz tub of Whipped Topping (Vegan/Low Cal- Use Coconut Milk Whipped Topping, or preferred Sugar Free Whipped Topping)
1 cup preferred Graham Cracker crumbs (I've also used crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch which works just as well)
Green food coloring (optional)
Lime wheel, for garnish
Medium mixing bowl, mixing spoon, measuring spoons, whisk, measuring cups, parfait cup or small Mason jars
Prep: 20 minutes prep Ready: 20 minutes Serves: 3-4
Before you handle any food, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
Clean your kitchen work area and pull back your hair or wear a cap.
You want to avoid contaminating your meal with harmful bacteria that could cause food illness.
1. Set aside a 1/2 cup of plain whipped topping.
2. Add remaining whipped topping, lime yogurt, and Key lime juice to a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined and fluffy.
Optional- Add 2-3 drops of green food coloring to give the mixture a lime-colored hue.
3.Place crumbled graham cracker crumbs in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Sprinkle a thin layer of crumbs at the bottom of the parfait cup.
5. Spoon a 2" layer of the Key Lime mixture into the parfait cups or small Mason jars.
6. Add another thin layer of graham cracker crumbs on top of the mixture.
7. Spoon another 2" layer of the Key Lime mixture on top of the crumbs.
8. Add a final layer of crumbs to the top of the parfait.
9. Spoon a TBSN of the plain whipped topping on the very top.
10. Garnish with a lime wheel. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Facts greatly depend on the type of yogurt and whipped toppings being used. For low cal recipe, use Sugar Free or no sugar added yogurts and whipped toppings.
Yogurt is a dairy product made by fermenting milk with a yogurt culture. It provides protein and calcium, and it may enhance healthy gut bacteria. Health benefits range from protecting against osteoporosis to relieving irritable bowel disease and aiding digestion.
Moscato d'Asti or Asti Spumante.
More varieties coming soon!