This brilliant method for creating biscuit bowls is a perfect way to serve Perfect Scrambled Eggs along with your favorite fillings. All topped off with a Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, and Parmesan topping.
12 large eggs, scrambled (to make Perfect Scrambled Eggs, click here for the HOW TO blog)
1/2 cup Half & Half
3 TBSN butter, salted
One 8 count roll of Pillsbury GRANDS Southern Homestyle Butter Tastin' Biscuits
To make Sour Cream topping:
8 oz preferred Sour Cream
12 oz preferred Cream Cheese
8 oz shredded, Parmesan Cheese
Recommended include to add to eggs:
Shredded or Crumbled Cheese
Diced Petite Tomatoes
8-12 cup cupcake pan, rolling pin, cooking spray, medium mixing bowl, mixing spoon, measuring spoons, aluminum foil, cookie sheet, measuring cups, sharp carving knife, Frosting Decorator or ziplock bag.
Prep: 5 minutes prep
Cook: 20 minutes
Ready: 25 minutes
Before you handle any food, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Clean your kitchen work area and pull back your hair or wear a cap. You want to avoid contaminating your meal with harmful bacteria that could cause food illness.
To make Scrambled Eggs in Biscuit Bowls: 1. To make Sour Cream topping, combine sour cream, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese into a mixing bowl. Stir to thoroughly combine.
2. Add Sour Cream mixture into a frosting decorator or Ziplock bag. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
3. To make the Biscuit Bowls, remove biscuit dough from packaging and separate.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Using a rolling pin, flatten each pat of dough to 1/4 inch thick.
6. Using cooking spray, coat the bottom side of the cupcake pan.
7. Mold each flattened biscuit over the cups of the pan.
8. Place a sheet of aluminum foil coated with cooking spray on top of the bowls. Lay a cookie sheet on top to flatten the bottoms of the bowls.
9. Bake for 15-18 minutes until bowls are golden brown.
10. Allow bowls to cool for 5 minutes, and then remove them from the bottom of the pan.
11. Prepare scrambled eggs with preferred fillings - see recommended ingredients above. (to make Perfect Scrambled Eggs, click here for the HOW TO blog)
12. Scoop a few TBSN of scrambled eggs into each bowl while still hot.
13. Use the refrigerated Sour Cream mixture to add a savory decorative topping to the top of the eggs. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 75
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 149 mg
Sodium 189 mg
Total Carbohydrate 2 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 7 g
Eggs are a great inexpensive source of high quality protein. More than half the protein of an egg is found in the egg white along with vitamin B2 and lower amounts of fat and cholesterol than the yolk. The white part is also rich in selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper.
Sparkling wine. Champagne and eggs are a classic pairing, such as a crisp unoaked Sauvignon Blanc. Zingy whites work well with eggs, and Sauvignon Blanc in particular is terrific with baked eggs that are made with herbs.
Ham and Cheese Biscuit Bowls
Follow recipe above and include the following ingredients while making the scrambled eggs: Diced Ham, shredded Cheddar or American Cheese.
Sunny Side & Bacon Biscuit Bowls
Follow recipe above and include chunks of cooked bacon in the bowl, placed under two eggs prepared sunny-side up.
Salmon & Cream Cheese Biscuit Bowls
Follow recipe above and include the following ingredients while making the scrambled eggs: diced salmon, diced red onions, topped with Sour Cream/Cream Cheese topping.
White Primavera Biscuit Bowls
Follow recipe above and include the following ingredients while making the scrambled eggs using only egg whites: diced green, yellow and red peppers, diced red onions.
Brushetta Biscuit Bowls
Follow recipe above and include the following ingredients while making the scrambled eggs: chopped Basil leaves, diced petite tomatoes, grated Parmesan Cheese, drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
Three Meat Biscuit Bowls
Follow recipe above and include the following ingredients while making the scrambled eggs: Diced Ham, Crumbled Sausage, Crumbled Bacon.
My Big Fat Greek Biscuit Bowls
Follow recipe above and include the following ingredients while making the scrambled eggs: Feta cheese, diced red onion, baby spinach leaves.