Christmas Reindeer Pancakes
Updated: May 25, 2020
Imagine seeing these festive reindeer pancakes on your breakfast table Christmas morning. You're kids may choose to hold off on opening their presents!
Preferred pancake mix (Vegan and Gluten-Free alternatives are available at your supermarket)
1 Maraschino cherry
1 Banana, sliced
2 M&Ms (brown or blue)
6 M&Ms (red and green)
6 strips preferred bacon (for low-fat alternative, use turkey or vegan bacon)
1 can Redi-Whip
1 tube of Chocolate frosting (for low-cal alternative, use sugar-free chocolate sundae topping)
Medium mixing bowl, cooking spray, measuring cup, large skillet or pan. Prep: 10 minutes prep Cook: 10 minutes Ready: 20 minutes Serves: 1
Before you handle any food, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Clean your kitchen work area and pull back your hair or wear a cap. You want to avoid contaminating your meal with harmful bacteria that could cause food illness.
To make Christmas Reindeer Pancakes: 1. Cook bacon strips as preferred, drain on a paper towel and set aside.
2. Prepare pancake mix according to directions on package. Add mix into measuring cup for pouring.
3. Spray skillet with cooking spray Heat skillet on High.
4. Cook 4 pancakes: 1 large for head, 1 medium for nose and mouth area, 2 small-medium for ears.
5. Place large pancake on plate first. Place medium sized pancake on top, towards bottom. Fold small pancakes in half and tuck under top-right and left sides of the head.
6. Use bacon to form antlers: bend or snap in half to form branches on each side.
7. Use 2 banana slices to form eyes and place an M&M on top each slice to add eye color.
8. Place cherry towards top of medium package to form the red nose.
9. Squeeze frosting to draw a smiling mouth below the nose. Fill the folded ears with a little frosting. You can also draw eyebrows if you’d prefer.
10. Spray Redi-Whip to form a collar. Alternate red and green M&Ms along the top of the whipped cream collar.
11. Serve with preferred syrup and enjoy! Happy Holidays!