Cheddar & Bacon Ranch Pull Bread
Updated: May 25, 2020
Perfect for game time, as an appetizer, or any party that includes lovers of bacon and cheese. This checkerboard sliced loaf of sourdough is soaked in a Butter & Ranch marinade, and baked with bacon and tons of shredded Cheddar cheese. You may want to make two because one may not be enough for everyone!
One 1 lb. loaf round sourdough bread (or loaf of gluten free bread, unsliced)
16 oz. package of preferred shredded Cheddar cheese
8 oz package of real bacon pieces
1/2 cup of preferred butter, melted
One 4 oz. package of dry Ranch dressing mix
Medium mixing bowl, mixing spoon, sharp paring knife, measuring spoons, aluminum foil, measuring cups, cookie sheet, marinading brush.
Prep: 10 minutes prep
Cook: 35 minutes in oven Ready: 45 minutes
Before you handle any food, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Clean your kitchen work area and pull back your hair or wear a cap. You want to avoid contaminating your meal with harmful bacteria that could cause food illness.
To make Cheddar & Bacon Ranch Pull Bread:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut slits halfway through bread in two directions creating a checkerboard pattern. Transfer loaf on top of a sheet of aluminum foil.
3. In a medium sized bowl, stir and mix the melted butter with the packet of Ranch dressing.
4. Brush mixture generously into the bread slits and all over the outside of the bread.
5. Sprinkle and stuff shredded Cheddar cheese and bacon pieces inside all of the slits. Don't be afraid to generously stuff the loaf with plenty of cheese and bacon pieces.
6. Wrap entire loaf in a sheet of aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
TIP: You can also refrigerate the loaf and bake up to 4-6 hours later.
7. Bake loaf covered in foil in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
8. Unwrap bread and return to baking sheet; bake for 15 more minutes until all cheese is melted.
9. Serve hot with forks to help pull bread portions from the loaf.
1 serving: 315 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 330 mg cholesterol, 1300 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate (6 g sugars, 2 g fiber), 40 g protein.
Cheddar cheese contains a high concentration of protein and calcium.
Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon or a vintage port wine.
Cheddar & Bacon Beer Pull Bread
Follow recipe and replace Ranch mix with 1/2 cup of dark stout beer and mix with melted butter.
Southwest Spicy Pull Bread
Follow recipe and replace Ranch mix with 2 TBSN Tabasco hot sauce to mix with butter. Use a Mexican blend of shredded cheese including Cheddar, Monterrey Jack, or Queso Blanco cheese. Replace bacon with chopped green onion and green chilies.
Italian Garlic and Herb Pull Bread
Follow recipe and replace Ranch mix with one package of Italian or Garlic Herb dry mix to combine with butter. Replace Cheddar with Italian blend of shredded cheese, including Mozzarella, Parmesan, or Romano cheese. Season with garlic powder and oregano.