10 Epic MANburger Recipes
Updated: May 21, 2020
Not made from ground man, but from ground chuck or bison meat - the most flavorful and nutritious option for making a great hamburger. Don't forget to check out how you can ROCK OUT this recipe and create Vegan, gluten-free, and leaner alternatives. This hamburger is so versatile, you will love the alternate recipes that you can make just by swapping out a few ingredients. The secret to cooking the moist, flavorful burger may surprise you (it's not on the grill)!
To make Classic MANburger:
1 ½ lbs. fresh ground chuck
3/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1 packet of dry marinade mix
1 TBSP dried basil
1 TBSP dried oregano
4 TBSP butter, melted
Fresh hamburger buns (Keto and Gluten-free diets use preferred bun alternatives)
Cheddar cheese slices
Vidalia onion, sliced
Ripe beefsteak tomato, sliced
Green leaf lettuce
LOOKING FOR INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives
that satisfy the following dietary needs:
Colander, sharp knife, baking sheet, aluminum foil, large mixing bowl, marinating brush, cooking spoon, measuring cup, spatula.
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 16-22 min in oven
Ready: 36-42 min
Serves: 4-6 burgers
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.Wash and prepare toppings: Slice purple onions, cut leaf lettuce, slice tomato. Place toppings in fridge to keep cool until ready to serve. Line baking pan with foil.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, cheese, BBQ sauce, egg, dry marinade mix, basil, oregano.
3. Form beef mixture into 4 balls. Flatten and slightly mold into bowl-shaped patties on ungreased baking pan lined with foil. Each patty should be about an inch thick and four inches in diameter. To form perfect patties, check out our DIY Perfect Burger Patty Maker post.
4. Brush top of patty with melted butter. DO not salt patties. Salt draws out the moisture and will dry out your patties. Do not want to freeze patties.
5. Bake patties on top rack uncovered. Estimated times for preferred cooking temperature- The timing will vary to get the correct internal temperature. Monitor internal temperature of each patty using a meat thermometer to confirm:
* 16 min Medium-Rare (pink & warm) 130° F.
Flip and brush with butter after 8 min
* 18 min Medium (pink center) 140 ° F.
Flip and brush with butter after 9 min
* 20 min Medium-Well (slightly pink center) 150° F.
Flip and brush with butter after 10 min
* 22 min Well Done (cooked center) 160 ° F.
Flip and brush with butter after 11 min
6. Within each bun stack so to put hot burger in middle between onion slices and cheese. Stack the lettuce, onion, burger, cheese (so it slightly melts), pickles, tomato. Add your sauce of preference- ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc. Serve.
Top with American cheese, Vidalia onion slices, BBQ sauce, and bacon.
Top with a thick slice of Mozzarella cheese, marinara tomato sauce, pinch of minced garlic, Basil, Oregano. Inside of a Ciabatta roll.
Bourbon Bacon and Cheddar Double MANburger
Top two patties with extra bacon, white and sharp Cheddar cheese, Bourbon BBQ sauce. Inside of a thin sandwich bread.
Lean Mean Portabello MANburger
Marinate and cook a large Portabello mushroom cap instead of the burger patty. Top with onion, lettuce, tomatoes. Inside a Gluten-free hamburger bun.
Remove the bun from any of the burger recipes and chop all the warm and cold ingredients separately before combining them in a bowl. Top with favorite sauce.
Tex Mex MANburger
Top with bacon, cilantro, Pepper Jack cheese, tomato, onion, guacamole
Mushroom Swiss & Onion MANburger
Marinate mushrooms. Cook mushrooms and onions in same oven pan as burgers. Top with mushrooms, cooked onions, and Swiss cheese.
Sweet Kahuna MANburger
Top with three boiled shrimp, bacon (or SPAM), pineapple slice, Hawaiian BBQ or Teriyaki sauce. Inside a Hawaiian bread hamburger bun.
Red, White & Blue MANburger
Place buffalo burger between tomato, Ranch dressing or ketchup, red roasted peppers, white onion slice, and Bleu cheese. Decorate with US Flags or similar décor.
An amazing alternative to using ground meat in your hamburger. We took ground salmon through our classic MANburger recipe, and added the perfect combination of melted Asiago cheese, a thick tomato slice, with softened cream cheese and chives.
2 lbs. fresh ground salmon, skin removed (you can use your food processor to ground fresh salmon as well)
1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese