Sparkling Jell-O Shots
These gelatin shots are easy to make and are sure to be a fun addition to any festive Holiday celebration! These tiny, gorgeous cups are filled with either champagne, seltzer, or any of your favorite sparkling beverages. The gelatin can be mixed with either gin or vodka and then topped with glitter sprinkles.
One envelope unflavored gelatin
1 cup sparkling soda, Champagne, or seltzer
3/4 cup Sprite or 7-Up
1/4 cup vodka or gin
Glitter or decorative sprinkles
2 TBSN sugar or alternative sweetener
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Plastic cups, mini muffin tins or silicon ice cube trays. Whisk. Saucepan. Plastic wrap.
Prep: 20 min Ready: 3 hrs to overnight Serves: 9-12
1. Lightly spray molds (plastic cups, mini muffin tins or silicon ice cube trays) with unflavored cooking spray or vegetable oil. Use a paper towel to wipe up excess. This will prevent the shots from sticking.
2. In a saucepan, add the Sprite or 7-Up . Warm over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add the gelatin and sugar/sweetener and let warm for a few minutes. Do not let mixture boil — whisk until all the gelatin and sweetener have dissolved.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the Champagne and vodka or gin.
5. Pour into molds, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours to overnight.
6. When ready to serve, top with sprinkles, if in molds, remove and serve.
1 serving: Calories: 70
Carbohydrates: 17 g