Pumpkin & Gouda Bisque Soup
This bisque has all the amazing flavors of autumn: pumpkin, nutmeg, and smoked Gouda.
6 cups vegetable broth
2 teaspoons seasoned salt
4 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup yellow onion, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 TBSN garlic, minced
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped (garnish)
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Large soup pot with lid, cooking spoon, hand blender or food processor, measuring cup.
Prep: 15 min Cook: 60 min Ready: 1 hr, 15 min Serves: 6-8
1. Heat broth, salt, pumpkin, onion, nutmeg, thyme, and garlic in soup pot.
2. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer 30 minutes uncovered.
3. Use hand blender or food processor to puree the soup.
4. Return soup to pot and bring back to a boil and simmer for another 30 minutes.
5. Stir in heavy cream and Gouda cheese until completely mixed and cheese is melted and thoroughly combined. Save some cheese for garnish.
6. Pour into soup bowls and top with fresh parsley and remaining cheese.
1 serving: Calories: 114 Total Fat: 6.3g Saturated Fat: 4.0g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 1458mg Potassium: 303mg
Total Carbohydrates: 13.5g
Dietary Fiber: 4.1g Protein: 2.7g Sugars: 6g
Pumpkin lovers will be glad to know that real pumpkin is very good for the heart. The fiber,potassium, and vitamin C content in pumpkin all support heart health. Studies suggest that consuming enough potassium may be almost as important as decreasing sodium intake for the treatment of hypertension, or high blood pressure.