Mashed White Cheddar Cauliflower
Updated: Oct 15, 2020
If you love mashed potatoes, but are looking for a perfect low carb alternative, you'll love this recipe. It's a perfect fusion of cauliflower with cream cheese and white cheddar, blended thoroughly with a large food processor to ensure a creamy smooth texture as close to mashed potatoes that you can get.
1 head cauliflower, separated into florets
2 TBSN preferred butter
2 minced garlic
1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
1 cup grated White Cheddar cheese, divided
8 oz preferred whipped cream cheese
1 TBSN salt
2 TBSN preferred sugar or sweetener
2 TBSN dried parsley
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Large pot, small skillet, measuring spoons, measuring cups, large food processor
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15 min. Ready: 30 min. Serves: 2-3
1. Fill pot with water and cauliflower florets. Bring water to a boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Saute butter, onion, and garlic in a small skillet on medium heat until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
3. Drain cauliflower in colander.
4. Add the cauliflower florets to a food processor; cover and blend on high.
5. Add the sauteed onions, garlic, butter, cream cheese, salt, sugar/sweetener and 3/4 cup of the grated White Cheddar cheese. Blend on high until creamy and smooth.
6. Serve hot. Sprinkle parsley and remaining White Cheddar cheese on top.
total fat: 6g
saturated fat: 2g
Cauliflower is a vegetable that is naturally high in fiber and B-vitamins. It provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer. It also contains fiber to enhance weight loss and digestion, choline that is essential for learning and memory, and many other important nutrients.
White burgundy or a similarly posh chardonnay.