Low Carb Keto Bread
This is an amazing and healthy low carb, sugar-free, non-dairy, gluten-free bread recipe. The best part about this recipe is that it’s simple to make as well as delicious. No bread machine needed and yeast is not included, so it can be made and baked much quicker than traditional breads that use yeast and bread flour. You can add different seasonings and herbs to change up the taste and make this Keto-friendly bread perfect for you. Now you can bake a loaf of bread and stick to a low carb diet. This recipe produces just 1 net carb per slice, as compared to most breads that contain 14-20 carbs per slice.
3 cups Almond Flour or Coconut Flour
12 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
5 teaspoons Baking powder
4 teaspoon salt (I suggest Pink Himalayan Salt)
4 TBSN preferred sweetener (I suggest Splenda or honey)
Optional: dried rosemary, dried oregano, honey, onion powder, garlic powder
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
2 small bowls, blender, food processor, sharp bread knife, measuring spoons, measuring cups, 8x4" loaf pan, cooking spray, butter knife
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 30 min. Ready: 40 min Serves: 1 loaf = 10-15 slices
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Separate the egg whites from the yolks in two small bowls.
3. Blend the eggs whites until white soft peaks are achieved. The fluffy egg whites and the baking powder make a fluffy and soft loaf of bread.
4. In a food processor combine the egg yolks, 1/3 of the beaten egg whites, olive oil, almond flour, baking powder, sweetener, and salt. If you wish to add any herbs or seasonings, this will help to flavor your bread to your preference.
5. Mix until combined. This will be a lumpy dough until the remaining egg whites are added.
6. Add the remaining egg whites and process until incorporated.
7. Coat an 8x4" loaf pan with cooking spray.
8. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and use a silicone spatula to spread and even out the mixture.
9. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Insert a butter knife in the center to ensure the bread is cooked through. Add another 8-10 minutes if needed.
10. Let it rest for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Slice up and enjoy with butter or toasted! Make Keto French Toast or stack up your favorite sandwich without the guilt of gluten or carbs.
11. Store the entire loaf in the fridge, either in an air-tight container or a ziplock bag. It will last in the fridge for 7-10 days.
Carbohydrates 1 g
Almond flour is a popular alternative to traditional wheat flour. It's low in carbs, packed with nutrients and has a slightly sweeter taste. Almond flour may also provide more health benefits than traditional wheat flour, such as reducing "bad" LDL cholesterol and insulin resistance. Almond flour is particularly rich in vitamin E, a group of fat-soluble compounds that act as antioxidants in your body. They prevent damage from harmful molecules called free radicals, which accelerate aging and increase your risk of heart disease and cancer. In fact, several studies have linked higher vitamin E intakes to lower rates of heart disease and Alzheimer's. Magnesium is another nutrient that's abundant in almond flour. It's involved in many processes in your body and may provide several benefits, including improved blood sugar control, reduced insulin resistance and lower blood pressure.
Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling or Pinot Noir