Heavenly Deviled Crabs
Updated: Aug 8, 2019
These baked deviled crabs are packed with amazing flavor, whether as an appetizer or an entrée. The perfect treat for at the beach or to compliment an epic seafood meal. This mixture of cheeses, crabmeat, and peppers produces deviled crabs with a thin crust and moist texture inside: better than your average beach-side seafood restaurant, because you can use fresh crabmeat instead of the canned variety.
30-36 Ritz crackers, crushed
1 lb fresh or pasteurized crabmeat (select or lump grades)
1/2 cup quality mayonnaise
1/4 cup softened cream cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 TBSN onion, minced
2 TBSN green pepper, finely chopped
2 TBSN red pepper, finely chopped
1 celery rib, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Dash of preferred hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasonings
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 TBSN softened butter
1/2 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
Lemon wedges (for garnish)
Sprinkle with paprika
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy the following dietary needs:
Large mixing bowl, large sauce pan with lid, cooking spoon, tongs, measuring cup. Baking sheet, natural or ceramic crab shells as ramekins.
Prep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Ready: 35 min Serves: 10
1. Add the mayonnaise, butter, Parmesan cheese, and cream cheese to a bowl. Stir in parsley, seasonings, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and lemon juice.
2. Gently fold in the crabmeat and stir to combine. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes so the flavors can marry.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Melt butter over medium heat in a large pan. Add the onion, celery and green pepper; saute until soft. Mix into the crabmeat mixture.
5. Add the crumbled Ritz crackers and breadcrumbs until thoroughly mixed.
6. Arrange the natural or ceramic crab containers or ramekins on a baking sheet.
7. Spoon crab mixture generously into containers or ramekins, mounding it a bit in the center. Sprinkle tops lightly with paprika.
8. Bake on the top rack of the oven until lightly browned, about 25-30 minutes.
9. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
1 serving: 1,810 calories , Fat 59g, Sodium 1,830 g, Cholesterol 285 g, Carbs 23 g, Dietary Fiber 0 g, Sugar 4 g, Protein 7 g
Rich in vitamins and minerals, crabmeat is also low in fat and contains Omega-3 polyunsaturated acids. Helps to provide protection from heart disease and aids brain development. Research suggests that Omega-3 also inhibits aggressive behavior.
Crisp dry white wines, new world sauvignon blancs, dry champagne or a quality sparkling wine