Grilled Lemon Herb Tuna Steaks and Potatoes
Updated: Aug 26, 2019
For those who love finfish for dinner, this is an amazing blend of Yellowfin Tuna steaks and baby red potatoes, marinated and grilled in a lemon herb marinade. This recipe is easy to grill and packs maximum flavor into a dish with minimal ingredients in just 30 minutes.
2 lbs fresh Yellowfin Tuna steaks
6 TBSN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lb. baby red potatoes, halved
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy the following dietary needs:
Medium mixing bowl, Ziplock bag, cooking spoon, BBQ tongs, measuring cup, foil pan, Preheated BBQ grill.
Prep: 15 min Cook: 32 min Ready: 47 min Serves: 4
1. Combine olive oil and lemon juice from 1/2 lemon in a large resealable bag along with the Tuna steaks.
2. Seal the bag and massage the steaks, then refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove and separate steaks from lemon marinade.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine halved potatoes and the lemon juice- olive oil marinade; toss well to coat.
4. In small mixing bowl, combine salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, basil, and garlic powder, and mix thoroughly.
5. Separate half of the herb mixture. Sprinkle half of the herbs over the potatoes and stir to combine.
6. Preheat grill to 450 degrees F.
7. Arrange just the potatoes on half of a greased foil pan, leaving other half empty to add the Tuna steaks later. Cook over indirect heat on high rack for 20 minutes.
8. Rub seasoning mixture on both sides of the Tuna steaks. Sprinkle remaining seasonings on potatoes. Slice lemon and set aside.
9. Place Tuna steaks on the empty half of the sheet pan.
10. Gently use BBQ tongs to stir potatoes. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the potatoes, and close the grill for 6-8 minutes.
11. Flip the Tuna steaks and cook for another 6-8 minutes. Add lemon slices on top.
12. Remove Tuna steaks and potatoes from grill and serve immediately.
Total Fat 2g
Fish is among the healthiest foods on the planet. It is loaded with important nutrients, such as protein and vitamin D. Fish is also the world's best source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are incredibly important for your body and brain. They are high in many nutrients that most people aren't getting enough of. This includes high-quality protein, iodine and various vitamins and minerals. However, some fish are better than others, and the fatty types of fish are considered the healthiest. That's because fatty fish (like salmon, trout, sardines, tuna and mackerel) are higher in fat-based nutrients. This includes the fat-soluble vitamin D, a nutrient that most people are deficient in. It functions like a steroid hormone in the body. Fatty fish are also much higher in omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids are crucial for your body and brain to function optimally, and are strongly linked to reduced risk of many diseases. To meet your omega-3 requirements, eating fatty fish at least once or twice a week is recommended. Fish is high in many important nutrients, including high-quality protein, iodine and various vitamins and minerals. Fatty types of fish are also high in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D.
Fish is generally considered to be among the best foods you can eat for a healthy heart. Not surprisingly, many large observational studies have shown that people who eat fish regularly seem to have a lower risk of heart attacks, strokes and death from heart disease.
Researchers believe that the fatty types of fish are even more beneficial for heart health, because of their high amount of omega-3 fatty acids. Eating at least one serving of fish per week has been linked to reduced risk of heart attacks and strokes, two of the world's biggest killers.
Garnacha rosé, Vintage Champagne, Rosé Sparkling Wines, Dry Riesling, Dry Furmint (Tokaji) and White Pinot.