This recipe produces a perfect cream cheese pound cake, with the best ratio of ingredients to produce a moist, dense, and flavorful pound cake. This cream cheese pound cake will be your new favorite dessert. Be sure to closely follow the ingredient measurement, baking time, and temperature closely.
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
8 oz block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup sour cream, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 large eggs, room temperature
3 cups cake flour, leveled
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Bundt pan, mixer with whisk attachment, processor, silicone spatula, toothpicks
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours
Yield: serves 12-14
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Generously grease a 10-12 cup bundt pan with butter or nonstick spray.
2. Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a silicone spatula.
3. Add the cream cheese and beat on high speed until completely smooth and combined, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute, then add the sour cream and vanilla and beat on high speed until combined and creamy. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a silicone spatula.
4. On low speed, beat the eggs in 1 at a time allowing each to fully mix in before adding the next. Careful not to overmix after the eggs have been added. Once the 6th egg is combined, stop the mixer and add the cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat on medium speed *just* until combined. Do not overmix. Using a silicone spatula or sturdy whisk, give the batter a final turn to make sure there are no lumps at the bottom of the bowl. The batter will be a little thick and very creamy.
5. Pour/spoon batter evenly into prepared pan. Bang the pan on the counter once or twice to bring up any air bubbles. Bake for 75-95 minutes. Loosely tent the baking cake with aluminum foil halfway through bake time to ensure the surface does not over-brown. The key to pound cake is a slow and low bake time. Use a toothpick to test for doneness.
6. Once it comes out completely clean, the pound cake is done. This is a large heavy cake so don’t be alarmed if it takes longer in your oven. If it needs longer, bake longer.
7. Remove cake from the oven and allow to cool for 2 hours inside the pan. Then invert the slightly cooled pound cake onto a wire rack or serving dish. Allow to cool completely Before serving in slices.
8. Cover leftover cake tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 0.0g
Potassium: < 1mg
Total Carbohydrates: 0.2g
Dietary Fiber: 0g