Chocolate Coca-Cola® Cake
Everyone loves a chocolaty, moist sheet cake made with the iconic American soft drink. This rich version is epic for both lovers of chocolate and colas!
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butter
1 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
3 TBSN unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup Coca-Cola® or preferred cola-flavored carbonated beverage
½ cup buttermilk
To make cola frosting:
½ cup butter
2 TBSN unsweetened cocoa powder
6 TBSN Coca-Cola® or preferred cola-flavored carbonated beverage
4 cups confectioners' sugar
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Large mixing bowl, medium pot, 9 by 13 inch pan, medium saucepan, measuring spoons, measuring cups, silicone spatula
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 40 min. Ready: 60 min Serves: 4-6
1. Combine flour and white sugar in mixing bowl.
2. In medium sized pot, heat 1 cup butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, and 1 cup cola to boiling and pour over the flour and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
3. Add buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, vanilla, and marshmallows and mix well.
4. Bake in a prepared 9 by 13 inch pan for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
5. In medium saucepan, prepare Coca-Cola Frosting: Combine butter, cocoa and cola soft drink and heat to boiling. Pour over 4 cups confectioners' sugar and mix well.
6. While cake is still hot, use a silicone spatula to spread the top with Coca-Cola Frosting before serving.
total fat: 20.7g
Ice cold Coca-Cola instead.