Cheesy Creamed Spinach
Updated: Aug 16, 2022
Creamy, rich creamed fresh spinach that takes just a few minutes and is the perfect side for any entree. The creaminess will make you forget you're eating spinach and will make everyone a fan.
20 oz. fresh leaf baby spinach.
2 TBSN preferred butter
1 small yellow onion minced
2 teaspoons garlic minced
2 teaspoons salt divided
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup preferred shredded mozzarella cheese
4 oz. preferred cream cheese
1/4 cup preferred grated Parmesan cheese
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Large pot, large saucepan, sharp knife, wooden spoon, measuring cups, colendar
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 15 min. Ready: 35 min Serves: 8
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil with two teaspoons of salt. Add the spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute.
2. Drain the spinach in a colander. Rinse with cold water until cool and squeeze the water out of each fistful of spinach. Let sit and drain in colendar.
4. Add in the remaining kosher salt, black pepper and nutmeg. Mix with a wooden spoon over low and cook for 2-3 minutes until the aroma is a bit nutty.
5. Add the whipping cream and cook until boiling. Add in the mozarella cheese and cream cheese.
6. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until the mixture has thickened. Add in the drained spinach and the Parmesan cheese; stir to combine.
Calories: 230g, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 59mg, Sodium: 1302mg, Potassium: 149mg, Vitamin A: 605g, Vitamin C: 1.3g, Calcium: 184g, Iron: 0.3g
Iron plays a central role in the function of red blood cells which help in transporting oxygen around the body, in energy production and DNA synthesis.Spinachis also an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C and folate as well as being a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2.
Chardonnay (Côte d'Or) wine type. oaked white. Chardonnay.