Belgian Waffle Sundae
Have breakfast for dessert with this epic Belgian waffle sundae. Waffles and fresh fruit are perfect for breakfast, but when you add ice cream and chocolate sauce, this breakfast turns into a decadent and delicious dessert.
A Belgian waffle sundae is delicious with a basic vanilla ice cream or another favorite flavor.
3 Large eggs, separated
2 TBSN Sugar
2 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour
1 TBSN Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
¼ cup extra virgin Olive Oil
2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Vanilla Ice Cream
Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, and/or sliced Bananas and Strawberries
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Medium Large mixing bowl, cooking spoon, measuring cup, measuring spoons, Mixer, Mixing Bowl, Belgian Waffle Iron, Ice Cream Scoop
Prep: 10 min Cook: 5 min Ready: 15 min Serves: 6-8
1) Beat egg whites with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Add in sugar towards and blend thoroughly.
2) In a separate bowl, stir together all other ingredients including the egg yolks.
3) Gently fold in the whipped egg whites.
4) Cook in Belgian waffle iron according to your waffle iron instructions.
5) Top waffles with scoops of ice cream, fresh berries, and top with chocolate syrup.