Baked Mini Corn Dogs
This Corn Dog Recipe is a classic fair treat that’s easy to make at home! Mix together a quick cornmeal dough, wrap the hot dogs, and bake until golden brown- no frying! Dip in any of your favorite sauces! A healthier version of a state fair and carnival food classic.
1 large egg
1 TBSN vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup sugar or preferred sweetener
1 cup preferred all purpose flour, as needed
1 package of 8 preferred jumbo hot dogs, cut in half (makes 16)
1 large egg
1 tablespoon water
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
16 wooden sticks, Large mixing bowl, small muxing bowl, hand blender, pizza cutter, rolling pin, measuring spoons, measuring cups, baking sheet, marinade brush, parchment paper
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 30 min. Ready: 50 min Serves: 4-6
1. Place wooden sticks in medium bowl to soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine Jiffy flour, egg, salt, milk, and oil. Use hand blender to thoroughly mix.
3. Slowly add all purpose flour a little at a time. Blend until a plyable dough forms that’s not tacky to the touch.
4. Use rolling pin to flatten dough into approximately a 9 x 13-inch rectangle, 1/4“ thick.
5. Use a pizza cutter to cut dough into 16 strips the short way.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
7. Cut hot dogs in half. Carefully pierce hot dogs at cut end with wooden sticks and insert halfway through.
8. Roll one strip of dough around each hot dog.
9. Lay corn dogs onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, dough ends tucked under each corn dog.
10. Combine egg and water to make the glaze. Lightly brush glaze onto each Corn dog. Do not overglaze where it drips onto the cookie sheet or excess egg will burn while baking.
11. Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
12. Serve hot with favorite condiments or sauces.
TOTAL FAT: 4g
SATURATED FAT: 1g
TRANS FAT: 0g
UNSATURATED FAT: 2g
CARBOHYDRATES: 21g NET