Bacon & Cheese Breakfast Bullets
These delicious logs of cheese wrapped in biscuit dough and bacon are wonderful for breakfast, or any time of day. They’re easy to make and only requires three simple ingredients.
12 strips of preferred bacon
6 Pillsbury Flaky Biscuits, cut into halves
12 Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese sticks, frozen
LOOKING FOR OTHER INGREDIENT ALTERNATIVES TO USE IN THIS RECIPE?
Slide and click the icon below to view ingredient alternatives that satisfy your dietary needs:
Sharp knife, air fryer or oil fryer or frying pan
Prep: 10 min Cook: 10-25 min Ready: 20-35 min Serves: 12
1. Freeze the cheese sticks overnight.
2. Flatten each patty of biscuit dough, and cut them in half.
3. Remove cheese sticks from freezer and remove 12 of them from packaging.
4. Wrap each frozen cheese stick completely inside flattened biscuit dough.
5. Wrap each dough bullet completely from end to end with a bacon slice, gently stretching and overlapping.
6. Cook bullets in one of the following ways:
Air Fryer: 450 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
Oil Fryer: 500 degrees F for 3-5 minutes
Pan Fry: high heat turning on each side For 3 min.
Calories: 217 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 11.0g Cholesterol: 52mg Sodium: 270mg Potassium: 77mg Total Carbohydrates: 1.4g Dietary Fiber: 0.2g Protein: 4.1g Sugars: 0g
Bacon contains a few nutrients that are good for you, including high-quality protein, and high levels of essential vitamins and minerals including thiamin, vitamin B12, iron, zinc, naisin, and selenium. One of the bacon health benefits is that it has a high protein to fat ratio, making it a good source of animal protein.
It does contain fat, of course; about half is saturated fat, while about half of the fat content is unsaturated and contains Omega-3 fatty acids, which do have health benefits. The protein in bacon is good for your heart health and brain health. In fact, bacon is high in something called choline, a compound which has been shown to benefit brain health.