Shredded Mexican Beef
This Mexican Shredded Beef recipe is perfect for taco night! Slow cooked chuck roast, Mexican peppers and seasonings all combine to give it the most epic flavor! Using a slow cooker at a low temperature for several hours greatly enhances the meat’s texture and flavor.
One 4-pound chuck roast
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 large yellow onion, diced
One 6-oz can chopped green chilies
1 TBSN chili powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 TBSN garlic powder
1 TBSN ground cumin
One (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 cups beef stock
1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
2 lime halves
Medium mixing bowl, mixing spoon, measuring spoons, aluminum foil, measuring cups, sharp carving knife, slow cooker Prep: 120 minutes prep Cook: 9 hours Ready: 11 hours Serves: 6-8
Before you handle any food, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
Clean your kitchen work area and pull back your hair or wear a cap.
You want to avoid contaminating your meal with harmful bacteria that could cause food illness.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine ground black pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and ground cumin and stir to mix.
2. Place roast on a large piece of aluminum foil. Rub spice mixture to completely cover chuck roast. Make sure all sides get coated. Rub it in to ensure generous coating.
3. Wrap up roast tightly in aluminum foil and place it in refrigerator overnight.
4. Place the seasoned roast into a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
5. Add yellow onion, chopped green chilies, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and beef stock to the slow cooker.
6. Cover and cook slowly on low for 8 hours.
7. Use two forks to shred the roast. It should be very tender and easy to shred. Discard any fatty pieces.
8. Use a colander to drain any excess liquid from the roast.
9. Return shredded beef to slow cooker and cook on high.
10. Place beef in a bowl, drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Calories: 230g | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 922mg | Potassium: 538mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g
Chuck roast beef is an excellent source of various vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, zinc, selenium, iron, niacin, and vitamin B6. When we eat beef we not only feel better but also look better. It gives various skin benefits and helps reduce skin problems in a natural way. By adding meat to your regular diet you will get a clear and glowing skin. Our body needs the energy to perform daily tasks and meat is the best meal to feel energetic all the day. It provides an energy boost and keeps our muscles in good health. Ground beef is nutritionally complete and provides all the nourishment that our body needs. The addition of ground beef to your diet will prevent your body from infections and allergies. It is the great source of nutrients including Vitamin E that is necessary to keep our body safe from cancer like diseases. When we are stressed we need more food and ground beef is the best meal to take in that situation. Ground beef is perfect to break stressed-out mindset. Eating this you will feel full for a long time during times of stress.
A tannic Cabernet-based wine or a more robust Merlot or Bordeaux.
More varieties coming soon!