Grilled Garlic & Rosemary Lamb Chops
Updated: May 25, 2020
These epic Lamb Chops are first marinated and then covered in a rosemary garlic herb paste before grilling to perfection. Ideal to serve at summer and fall BBQs or for the holidays. The dual marinating and grilling at high heat ensure the lamb chops are grilled perfectly and remain juicy and not dried out with a flavorful seared herb crust.
6 lamb chops, loin or rib chops about 1 to 1¾ inches thick
To make marinade:
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 TBSN minced garlic
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
To make herb paste:
2 TBSN garlic, minced
2 TBSN extra-virgin olive oil
1 TBSN fresh rosemary leaves, minced
1 TBSN fresh thyme leaves, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Pinch chili powder
Coarse sea salt
Measuring spoons, aluminum foil, measuring cups, large ziplock bag, food processor, tongs, BBQ grill Prep: 5 minutes prep, 2 hour 40 min marinade and sit Cook: 6-7 minutes Ready: 3 hr
Before you handle any food, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Clean your kitchen work area and pull back your hair or wear a cap. You want to avoid contaminating your meal with harmful bacteria that could cause food illness.
1. Mix together the vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, onion, and olive oil in a large ziplock bag. Add lamb chops and toss until well coated. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Remove lamb chops from the marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
3. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade add the garlic, rosemary, thyme, chili powder, and salt. Pulse until combined.
4. Pour in olive oil and pulse until it forms an herb paste.
5. Rub the herb paste on both sides of the lamb chops and let them marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
6. Wrap the exposed ends of the bones with aluminum foil to keep them from burning. Allow the chops to come to room temperature; about 20 minutes.
7. Preheat a grill on high heat.
8. Add lamb chops to grill and sear until desired doneness:
2 1/2 minutes per side: 110° for rare
3 minutes per side: 130° for medium-rare
3 1/2 minutes per side: 150° for medium
TIP: The chops can also be broiled in the oven about 5 minutes per side for medium.Use a meat thermometer to ensure perfect doneness:
9. Use tongs to remove lamb chops from grill and cover with aluminum foil.
10. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Total Fat: 44.8g
Saturated Fat: 18.0g
Total Carbohydrates: 2.3g
Dietary Fiber: 0.4g
Lamb is a rich source of high-quality protein, an outstanding source of many vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, and vitamin B12. Because of this, regular consumption of lamb may promote muscle growth, maintenance, and performance.
A younger, more fruit-driven wine such as a red Bordeaux,
Cabernet or Cabernet/Merlot blend, a Rioja reserva,
a Chianti Classico or a northern Rhône red.
More varieties coming soon!