Curry & Apple Grilled Pork Chops
Updated: May 25, 2020
Pork chops and applesauce: who doesn't think they're swell? This delicious blend of grilled pork smothered in a chunky apple and curry sauce will make your family beg for more!
6-8 (4 ounce) boneless pork chops
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
To make Curry & Apple Sauce:
1/4 cup butter
1 TBSN olive oil
1 cup yellow onion, chopped
2 TBSN garlic, minced
2 TBSN curry powder
1 TBSN ground coriander
1 TBSN ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored, and chopped
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup apple juice or cider
Medium mixing bowl, mixing spoon, measuring spoons, aluminum foil, measuring cups, BBQ grill , BBQ tongs Prep: 15 minutes prep Cook: 1 hr, 20 minutes Ready: 1 hr, 35 minutes Serves: 6-8
Before you handle any food, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Clean your kitchen work area and pull back your hair or wear a cap. You want to avoid contaminating your meal with harmful bacteria that could cause food illness.
To make Curry & Apple Grilled Pork Chops:
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with olive oil, and cook the onions and garlic until the onion is translucent, about 8 minutes.
2. Stir in curry powder, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper, thyme, lemon, chopped apples, applesauce, and golden raisins until thoroughly combined.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil, turn down the heat to a simmer.
4. Cover pot and simmer the sauce until it has the consistency of applesauce and the raisins are plump and starting to break apart, about 1 hour.
TIP: Mix in a tablespoon of apple juice or cider if sauce starts to become too thick.
5. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
7. Sprinkle the pork chops with seasoned salt.
8. Grill on the preheated grate until the chops are well-browned, cooked to your desired color of pink inside, and show grill marks; 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium.
9. Serve the pork chops with the sauce on the side.
1 serving: 315 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 330 mg cholesterol, 1300 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate (6 g sugars, 2 g fiber), 40 g protein.
The protein is a great way to fuel up muscles and pork ribs supply all the amino acids you need to rebuild muscle tissue.
Spanish Grenache, Dry Creek Zinfandel, or Nero d’Avola.
Stuffed Apple & Curry Pork Chops
Follow recipe and sandwich between two pork chops a half cup of Cranberry & Pecan Stuffing. Click here for recipe for stuffing. Top everything with Apple & Curry sauce.