Glowing Toxic Waste Cocktail
Updated: May 25, 2020
This not-so-toxic cocktail gets its eerie green glow from Mountain Dew soda and tonic water when exposed to black light. Served in a Mason jar, add a splash of lime juice, Malibu rum, and some gummy worms and you’ll have a creepy, yet refreshing cocktail for your Halloween party!
WARNING: This recipe is intended for responsible adults of legal drinking age who wish to try new drinks and find information about various types of alcoholic beverages. It is available on this site only for entertainment purposes. EAT LiKE MEN is not advocating the abuse of alcoholic beverages and hope that if you try the cocktail recipes on this site, you do so with moderation and caution. EAT LiKE MEN does not promote the abuse of alcohol, alcoholism, hazing, binge drinking or any other misuse of alcohol. EAT LiKE MEN cannot take any responsibility for the influence these alcoholic beverages may have on people. Information on this web site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice. EAT LiKE MEN may also make improvements and/or changes in the recipes and/or posts at any time without notice.
4 oz. Mountain Dew soda
2 oz. Tonic water
2 oz. Malibu Coconut Rum
Dash of Lime juice
1/2 cup ice
Neon orange crystal sugar or sprinkles
Garnish with gummy worms
Cocktail shaker, 12 oz. Mason jars, measuring shot glass, measuring cup, neon straws, black dry erase marker.
Prep: 5 min Ready: 5 min Serves: 1 Mason jar
Before you handle any food, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Clean your kitchen work area and pull back your hair or wear a cap. You want to avoid contaminating your meal with harmful bacteria that could cause food illness.
To make a Glowing Toxic Waste Cocktail:
1. On a small plate add a layer of neon orange sugar.
2. Wet the rim of the Mason jar with lime juice and gently dip the rim of the jar in the orange sugar to coat the rim. Set jar aside to allow sugar to dry on rim.
3. Combine tonic water, Malibu Rum, splash of lime juice, and Mountain Dew in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
TIP: For more flouresent glow, freeze ice cubes using Tonic Water or Club Soda.
4. Shake thoroughly until well shaken.
5. Pour cocktail mix into jar until full.
6. Add a neon straw and garnish with four gummy worms hanging off the rim of the jar, swimming at the bottom, or slithering on top of ice.
7. Using black dry erase marker, write a danger message on the jar, like “Toxic Waste”, “DANGER”, or draw a 💀.
8. Serve immediately and enjoy the glow in a room filled with black fluorescent lighting.
1 cocktail: 370 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate (45 g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Need DINNER MUSIC?
Check out our Playlists on YouTube for perfectly themed music to set the ambiance of your meal! For this recipe, we recommend: